Cedarwood, Atlas Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica (morocco)
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Source: Wood (Stumps and sawdust)
Strength of Aroma: Medium-Strong
Aromatic Scent: Woody, slightly resinous, sweet, balsamic undertones are accented with a top note that is warm and slightly sharp.
Blends Well With: woody and floral, such as clary sage, cypress, frankincense, juniper, ylang ylang, and bergamot.
KidSafe®: fairly safe and can be used for Children if properly diluted to under 3% dilution. Cedarwood is not recommended at any dilution for small children under the age of 1. Cedarwood is not recommended at any dilution for small children under the age of 1.
Cautions: Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Atlas Cedarwood oil benefits include those for physical, mental and spiritual well being.
Cedarwood, Atlas is a base note that can help hold an otherwise flighty blend together well. Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil is said to act as an aphrodisiac. It also complements masculine blends.
The Atlas Cedarwood oil benefits are strongest when the oil is used in the practice of aromatherapy. The word “cedar” is Semitic, meaning, “the power of spiritual strength,” which makes atlas Cedarwood oil an important element in creating a sacred space for meditation. For those feeling tired or overwhelmed, Atlas Cedarwood oil benefits include helping providing renewed energy as well as creating a hopeful frame of mind. Atlas Cedarwood essential oil has the ability to override negative feelings and offer strength to those in their time of need.
Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil Uses:
- Acne-Its chemical constituents make it antiseptic, which is beneficial to those with acne or more severe skin conditions such as Seborrhea.
- Arthritis-helping the pain
- Bronchitis-Helping relieve the symptoms
- Dandruff-Believed to stimulate the scalp to support hair growth as well as combat dandruff, many treatments for hair loss contain Atlas Cedarwood oil.
- Stress- Sleep
- Aiding in fluid retention and balancing body fluids
- Providing adrenal support to menopausal women
- Decreasing cellulite
Use in a diffuser, personal aromatherapy inhaler, or dilute in a carrier for topical application.
For external use only.